Archtober 2016 is about to commence as the sixth annual citywide, month-long festival of design and architecture in New York City
AIA New York Chapter has signalled the public to start making plans for October as it discloses its highly regarded Building of the Day lineup. Archtober is about to host tours of the latest architectural highlights in the five divisions of New York City for only 31 days. More details regarding the tours and events of Archtober can be seen here: archtober.org
The public and professionals alike will enjoy the tours – held daily during the lunch period – to New York City's most notable architectural sites. You might even be able to meet the architects!
Examples of afternoon tours include:
- The Lowline (an underground park by Raad Studio): Oct. 2
- Sanitation Garage & Salt Shed (by Dattner and WXY architecture + urban design): Oct. 11
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral (newly renovated and reopened): Oct. 19
- 520 West 28th St. (a new work by the late Zaha Hadid): Oct. 24
- Hudson Yards (the huge midtown development): Oct. 28
Aside from the exhilarating Archtober event, the Archtober organisers at AIA New York Chapter launched the official festival website recently (archtober.org) for arch-tourists to best hear about scores of activities, talks, tours, walks, shows, films, installations and exhibitions on offer this year.